Other articles in this category
Search More Content
Email Routing in Form Notifications
Within each Form notification, you have the option of configuring additional routing. This is similar to conditional logic, in that different events can cause the notification to go to a different recipient. In this article, we will show you how to configure routing options within your notification.
- First, start by accessing the notification that you want to configure additional routing for. This can be done by accessing the form associated with the notification, hovering over Settings, clicking on Notifications, and then accessing the notification you want to manage. If you want to create a new notification, simply click the Add New button.
- Within the settings for your notification, you will see an option labeled Send To. If you select Configure Routing, additional options similar to conditional logic will appear.
- Inside the routing configuration, the first thing you will need to do is determine where the notification will be sent if the routing condition is met. Simply enter the email address of the user that you want to send the notification to.
- Next, you’ll need to configure the field that the routing condition will use. To do so, use the dropdown box to select the field that the condition will be based on.
- Now that the field is selected, you’ll need to set the operator used to compare the field and value. For example, if you only want to send this notification if a particular radio button is checked, you would select is within the operator dropdown. Conversely, if you do not want a notification to be sent when that radio button field is selected, you would use is not.
- Finally, you’ll need to set the value that will be used to compare against the field submission result. If using pre-selected options, this will appear as a dropdown. If the field is something like a text field where the user will enter their own value, the condition value will appear as a text box. Within the condition value, enter the value to compare with the submission.
- If you want to add addition conditions or remove a condition, use the + and – icons to the right of the condition item to either add or remove it.
You can now continue configuring your notification as seen fit. Remember that Gravity Forms only sends notifications when conditions are met, so if you’re having trouble, double-check your settings as there is a high likelihood that a condition simply isn’t matching.